Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Interviews, The Offer, The Adventure of a Lifetime

We all want to hear our dream job call us out of the blue for an interview... and it just so happened that mine did - as I was out of breath and in the middle of some dance aerobics :)

Not more than a week of moving back home to begin my search for post-grad employment, I got a phone call from Feld Entertainment, home of Disney on Ice, Arena Cross, and the famous Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey Circus, amongst others. A new position was being opened - an Event Coordinator position in charge of coordinating and supervising all publicity related events for the tour - and I was being considered for it. I was ecstatic! After speaking with someone from Feld Operations for awhile, I was passed along to Phase 2 of the interview process, and another phone interview with the Production Manager (aka my potential boss). After a successful and thoroughly enjoyable phone conversation with her merely 2 days later, I found out I was being flown to San Diego to visit the circus live. Not only was it my first trip to both the circus and California that I can remember, it was the first interview I've been flown out for. Boy, was that 24 hour trip a whirlwind.

On August 23rd, I flew out to the Blue Unit in San Diego, California. I met with animal trainers, talked with clowns and performers from all over the world, attended numerous PR events/interviews, met some elephants, tigers, and lions, toured a real live circus train, had In-N-Out Burger for the very first time, and saw an absolutely stunning circus performance. And on August 24th, I flew back home. Spectacular trip.

And now, a mere 3 weeks after that initial interview, I have been hired on to be Ringling Bros' newest staff member on the Blue Unit. I will live on the circus train, travel the United States, and live out my dream of working on tour within the entertainment industry.


 
September 19th, 2012 marks the beginning of my touring journey as I fly out to the unit's latest location of Salt Lake City, Utah. For the foreseeable future, I'll be running away with the circus, which I'm fairly certain has been every kid's dream at some point :)

I will attempt to document my crazy life here. Bon Voyage!


http://www.feldentertainment.com/

http://www.ringling.com/SectionLandingPage.aspx?id=45450



No comments:

Post a Comment